I’ve a dark flash fiction piece in the latest issue of Lamplight. You can get a digital version here, and there’s a print issue collecting the first four issue coming up in July.
Check out their submission guidelines too: I must say I was delighted by their generous $50-dollar payment for my 400-word story!
There’s a few things coming up – so time to dish off these reams of stories you’ve been sitting on!
– The Stinging Fly accepts postal submissions until the end of June (and, for a flash fiction showcase, by email only on Saturday June 22nd for pieces under 500 words) This issue will be edited by Nuala Ní Chonchúir.
– The RTÉ Guide / Penguin Ireland competition : accepts stories under 2000 words until July 5th. If it is like previous years, the winner gets published in RTÉ Guide and shortlisted writers are invited to a talk with publishers and authors in Dublin. (It seems to be one of these competition which the organisers try to keep secret from potential entrants – so thanks Kate Dempsey and her Emerging Writer blog for the info!)
– Crannóg will be open for submissions for the month of July (under 2000 words)
– The Sean O’Faolain Prize closes on July 31st. €2000 for the winning story (under 3000 words), €15 entry fee
– New Binary Press is accepting submissions for an anthology until September 1st (under 3000 words)